Wednesday, September 12, 2012

London Bridge didn't actually fall down.

True story. In case you didn't already know that.

In other news, London was amazing! It was a little hectic, but overall I loved it. The first day of the stop, I spent the day on a trip called Foodie London. Basically a day filled with delicious food and adventures through beautiful markets. Borough market was the first one we saw. It was incredible and absolutely huge! And we found out little tidbits, like the fact that it has remained in the same place since the very beginning. They even build the train railroads over it! Just remarkable. Also, there's a spot next to it that they used in the filming of Harry Potter. I ate delicious curry and the best brownie I've ever had. And SO many samples were devoured while we roamed through the stalls. We went to a couple other places, but the highlight was eating dinner at Union Jack's, one of Jaime Oliver's restaurants. It was INCREDIBLE to say the least. We got 7 different appetizers, three of each. 5 different types of pizza, three of each. 6 different types of ice cream, three of each. Pretty much ate our weight in food.

The rest of my time was spent wandering around and hanging out with a bunch of my friends. We saw all of the sights, heard all of the sounds, and ate some more food. Tori and i went to a thing called Fashion Night out. We walked down the streets and through the swanky stores with all the Posh people of London. A bunch of my friends went to see the Paralympics! I went to Borough market (yes, again) and Camden! Also, I did a lot of walking. Miles and miles all over the city. But that was definitely the best way to see all the things we saw! Plus, I got to wave to the queen. Such an experience overall. I'm glad to say that I went to London again!

No comments:

Post a Comment